Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Today's the day!

Today is the day I start a blog in an attempt to chronicle my attempts at domesticity! Cooking, sewing, paper crafts! Here I intend to share all my triumphs and yes even my failures as I’m sure there will be many. My hope is that you will enjoy creating along with me piece by piece as I work my way through my favorite domestic arts!


So here we go! Are you tired of trying to figure out which pictures of you have room for in your two page scrapbooking layouts? It seems there is a constant debate with two page layout … even with my 12x12 pages … of which pictures to leave out and which should be included. So one day I decided to do something about it. I set out to design a 2 page 12x12 layout that would feature 12 pictures!





Supplies used:
12 4x6 prints of the special event
3 sheets of 12x12 coordinating patterned scrapbook paper
2 sheets of 12x12 cardstock in coordination colors
Colored letter stickers
Mini alphabet stamp set
Ink pad in desired colors
Paper trimmer
Journaling pen
1 decorative paperclip

...

I wanted to create a page that would feature the special moments of welcoming a new member to the family. I wanted to highlight the first time aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, and siblings met the new baby. To do this I decided to create a photo collage page that would feature these special first meetings. Using my one of my mini alphabet stamp sets I stamped the name of the person meeting the new baby right on the picture. Because I was working with a two page layout I decided to have the picture of the Big Brother meeting Little Brother carry over onto the second page to bring continuity to the layout. Then I kept the second page simple featuring a couple additional photos of those in attendance at this joyous occasion and a bold title block.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment